Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Winter Weather & Arthritis

The past few days, the temperatures here in the Midwest have been swinging from the mid-50s down to the low 20s during the day. Today alone we had a 20-degree drop in temperature in a matter of a few hours. As people with arthritis know, this can wreak havoc on your joints. My neck, shoulders and low back have decided to seize up.

I have found that resting and changing positions often helps keep that arthritic stiffness from setting in. Also using good posture and having a back brace helps when I am at the computer as well.

It's supposed to snow tonight, and I am looking forward to that since it is always so pretty.

I am hoping to feel better tomorrow so I can resume normal activity instead of being confined to the house.

No comments: